CLiki 0.4.3 is now in cCLan
Tue, 11 May 2004 17:16:15 +0000
CLiki 0.4.3 is now in cCLan.
Bcc: dan To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: ANN: CLiki 0.4.3 X-Draft-From: ("nnml+private:mail.lists.london" 3116) From: Daniel Barlow --text follows this line--
CLiki 0.4.3 is now in cCLan. This is approximately the version that's been running on www.cliki.net for the past few months.
New in CLiki 0.4.3
- Versioning! At the expense of making the file names correspond even less closely with the page title, we now produce a version per edit.
- While indexing we collect the first sentence of each page, and make it accessible as (CLIKI-FIRST-SENTENCE page)
- Legacy searches now print this out.
- Beginning of the long slow process to separate generic cliki engine stuff from www.cliki.net stuff: new cliki-net class that you probably don't want to use unless you're me
- Indexing tweaks mean startup on big clikis may be a bit faster.
- Bug fixes: RSS generation, topic searches.
- *(Uncategorized) marker added to default text for new pages.
Note that there is also an internals change which you may run into if you are building cliki-based tools: to make backlink searches and updating simpler, CLIKI-PAGE objects are now created when references to non-existent pages are encountered during indexing. These placeholder pages have NIL :pathname and :versions slots.
(You can see this behaviour in action at http://www.cliki.net/Dan%20Moniz, at lease until/unless someone creates that page)
This means that if you want to detect whether a page /really/ exists, you should not just rely on find-page returning NIL, but also test the pathname slot.